Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Chocolate Chip Cake

I really love baking. Nothing brings a smile to the faces of your friends and family like home baked goods. The reaction you get from people when you bake something delicious is fabulous. For me, what tops the delicious list is a chocolate chip cinnamon/sugar cake. My supervisor previously said this cake ranked in the top 5 desserts he ever had. This week I baked the cake again for his last day and he bumped the cake of to the top 3. Today I delivered the cake to a friend. We had plans to hang out and I said I'd bring a cake. I think I am setting a new goal to deliver at least one cake a month. So, just invite me over sometime in the future and maybe you'll get one of my special cake deliveries. I've included the recipe below for anyone who may want to try baking it for themselves. MMMMMM Yummy!


2 sticks soft butter
2 cups sugar
3 cups sifted flour
16oz. sour cream
3tsp baking powder
2tsp. baking soda
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

topping: 1/2 cup sugar & 1 tbs. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350; grease & flour pan (use a big pan, 13x9)
(I sprayed it with Baker's Joy last time & that worked just fine)

1. Cream butter & sugar
2.Add sour cream; beat 2 minutes
3.Alternate flour & eggs; mix well
4.Add powder, soda & vanilla
5. Pour half the batter into the pan; sprinkle
1 cup chips on top and press down with fork
6.Add remaining batter
7.Top with remaining chips
8.Mix sugar & cinnamon~ sprinkle on top
9.Bake at 350, for 45 minutes or until it tests
done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home