Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Monday, January 10, 2005

2004: A Survey

Wonder how these answers will change next year...

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? Hmmm, bought a bed and hung curtains
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t really make new years’ resolutions. This year the timing just so happens that my work schedule should allow me to accomplish new goals in January and beyond, and focus a little more time on me.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? All my old coworkers seemed to give birth this year-- 3 people who I worked with at Vorhaus and another person I worked with when I was interning at ABC.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yup
5. What countries did you visit? none
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? A good date!
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 6th- my brother’s wedding- it was the most talked about day of the entire year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Career advancement.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting involved with more non profit organizations. And losing touch with some important people.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing serious.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A bike so I can ride on the trail along the Hudson River
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I dunno…
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I’d rather not say in such a public forum, lol.
14. Where did most of your money go? NYC rent ;-)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? US Open, Joey Fatone’s autograph and my talking Donald Trump doll.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004? Anything by Ashlee Simpson or Maroon 5
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Unfortunately fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Hmmmm- it probably all equals out in the end
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Cycling
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Procrastinating
20. How will you be spending Christmas? With family at my aunt’s house
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with? Definitely Pottsie “I’m walking home…” !
22. Did you fall in love in 2004? Only more in love with myself, jk.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Everwood, Cold Pizza
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word, but I can say a lot has changed in a year.
25. What was the best book you read? The Between Boyfriends Book and Bob Guiney’s book What A Difference A Year Makes.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Launch radio on Yahoo while at work.
27. What did you want and get? A new job after my old company closed. An apartment in NYC.
28. What did you want and not get? World Peace
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Mean Girls, Dodgeball
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 23 – Bought red shoes, partied at Metro 53 and spent the night at the Marriott with my pals. I also worried about a special friend who was mugged and not able to attend the celebration.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? Definitely a lot more trendy than before!
32. What kept you sane? Living and loving the greatest city in the world!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Donny Deutsch, Scott Wolf
34. Who was the best new person you met? The friends I have made through the Young Alumni Committee at Fordham have been great.

2 Comments:

  • At January 13, 2005 at 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for the shout-out! also, i want to get involved with the YA committee. what do i need to do? ((amy))

    ps: i'm married, i don't have a full-time job; i can parallel better than anyone i know, but not in any damn van. ;)

     
  • At January 13, 2005 at 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    World Peace?????? Sammy, please. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home