Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Pedometer Fun

Regardless that I live in the city, it's really easy to become inactive. Work is such a huge part of my life-- where I sit in a cubicle all day. I've felt like I haven't been getting as much exercise so my mom bought me a pedometer when I was home. They say you should aim for 10,000 steps a day for a healthy lifestyle. Even more if you want to try and lose weight.

I wore it all day yesterday and the reality was harsh. I had taken the bus to work and didn't have the chance to leave the office-- even for lunch. As I was leaving work at 8pm, I had only registered 3,800 steps. I was so upset, I decided I had to walk home even though it was so hot out. By the time I went to sleep last night I had recorded over 8,000 steps.

Today I was determined to hit the 10,000 mark. By walking to and from work, taking a lunch break, etc., I was able to reach 15,600 steps. Woohoo. It's kind of like a little game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home