Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's Eve 2005

I had one of the best New Year's Eves ever. The company was a bit ironic, yet representative of the past year.

I am a firm believer in the overratedness of this supposed holiday. Paying over $100. to go to a bar you can get into for free every other day of the year, is just not my style. But I learned you can have a good time in the most unusual places at the most unexpected times.

I have to admit, I was feeling quite excluded leading up to the "big day". It seemed as though a bunch of my friends made plans and never included me. Then another group of friends made plans that were really not appealing to me.

And just as I had convinced myself that staying home alone was going to be fun, a friend invited me out for a laid back night at a local bar. Although I knew only two people in our group of 5, I don't know if I have ever felt more included and comfortable. I had a blast- enjoyed great conversation with new friends, got a good buzz on and stayed out until they closed the bar at 4am.

So thanks guys, you made it a great night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home