Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A Source of Information

For the first time today a friend approached me for advice needing my expertise in public relations. I am in a service industry and it was great to be able to use my knowledge and experience to provide useful information to a friend who needed media tips.

Think about it. We all have friends in law who we call upon to review our lease or let us know what's legally binding, etc. At my age, most of my peers don't really need advice on publicity and it was a nice surprise to be able to help a friend by providing some strategic direction. (Hopefully he thinks I did a good job answering his questions!)

PS They announced my promotion at work today which felt really good and further solidified my position as a credible resource for PR information. Bring on the drinks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home