Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Friday, July 29, 2005

I DID IT!

I've been meaning to write this post for a few days now, but I am only getting to it now.

I DROVE TO MARYLAND AND BACK!

Now for most people, I do understand that this is no big deal. But for me- who never drives and has never driven off Long Island, or over a bridge, or in an unfamiliar place- this was a huge accomplishment. It's amazing how independent it makes you feel.

In addition, I even drove an SUV all the way there and back. My little car that could probably wasn't able to make the trip so I did all this new driving in a Ford Explorer I had never driven before (that happened to be my Dad's- which means even more pressure and nervousness).

On that note, vacation was absolutely fabulous. 6 days away from email, internet and work was a break I really needed. Between the pool, beach, boardwalk, bars, restaurants, outlets and my dad's super cool house, we couldn't have asked for more!

I'll post more about the vacation later. If anyone knows a quick and easy way to create a website for photos, please let me know. There are at least 10 rolls of pictures of Erin, Lisa, Tara and I that need to be shared with the world, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home