Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Lunch Today

I had a very interesting lunch today with the VP for Human Resources of my company. She was recently hired and I haven't had much interaction with her. I asked her for some job descriptions so I could complete my review and she asked me to lunch....so I said okay.

It was a great lunch. I figured she just wanted to get to know me and obviously pick my brain a little bit about work which she did. I think she wanted to make sure I was doing okay because she heard I work until 1 am (only twice!).

However, I did a good job explaining the situations in which I have to work a lot and made her understand a lot more about my personality and gave her examples of the work/life balance I do have.

Aside from the work-related questions, we also just got to know one another. Talking to her about work and my life in general, there was one very evident attribute: PASSION. I've always believed you shouldn't do anything if you aren't passionate about it. It's the way I live my life. My passions are obvious to those around me-- i'm passionate about life in general, including my career, family, alumni connection, community service, etc.

While this VP was getting to know me, I was getting to know myself again. Life gets crazy and stress can start to consume me, but being brought back down and reminded of the things that are most important in my life really made me feel positive about the future and excited to be alive! It was the exact pick-me-up I've been needing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home