Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2005: A Survey

I was going through old post when I stumbled across my year in review survey from 2004. http://samarasspace.blogspot.com/2005/01/2004-survey.html
Since the timing is right, let's see how 2005 stacked up.

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Actually drove during a road trip-- out of state and in a big car.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't really remember making one last year, but according to my blog I said I would spend more time with my grandparents. I was very successful in seeing my mother's parents a lot. I started keeping my car in their garage and saw them once or twice a month when I picked it up.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully no.

5. What countries did you visit? none

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? I'll stick with last year's answer-- a good date!

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? July 27th....the date of my review and promotion.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I'll stick with last year's answer here too-- career advancement.

9. What was your biggest failure? Hmmmm, I hope there weren't any in 2005.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing serious, but I did fall out of a bus and get banged up when I tripped on a curb.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Tickets to see Hootie in Baltimore...and a shirt that said "Blondes tease, brunettes please"

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I dunno…

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Ditto from last year....I’d rather not say in such a public forum, lol.

14. Where did most of your money go? NYC rent ;-) (The same as last year)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My summer vacation in Ocean City

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Collide by Howie Day and Get Right by JLo

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? the same
ii. thinner or fatter? Unfortunately fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Enjoying the outdoors

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Thinking. Sometimes thinking can ruin everything.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? With family at my mom's house

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with? I would say I continued to rack up the phone minutes with Potts

22. Did you fall in love in 2005? Only more in love with myself, jk. (Last year's answer was too good to change to "no")

23. What was your favorite TV program? Hands down it was Grey's Anatomy

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word, but I can say a lot has changed in a year.

25. What was the best book you read? I really didn't do too much reading. Probably The Hookup Handbook.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Natasha Bedingfield

27. What did you want and get? A digital camera

28. What did you want and not get? I gotta think about this

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Little Manhattan...I hope it comes out on DVD

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 24 – Well, on my actual birthday, all i will say is I started off the day by waking up in someone else's bed.... But my actual celebration was at Second Nature with lots of friends. I also did a Coldstone Creamery excursion.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Smart 'n Chic!

32. What kept you sane? Living and loving in the greatest city in the world!

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Patrick Dempsey

34. Who was the best new person you met? Too many to name....But getting closer to my Brooklyn Boys has been a blast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home