Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Monday, August 27, 2007

The Grass Is Always Greener

I am an event person. Or maybe I'm a ticket person. Either way, I am person who likes tickets to events. Concerts, charity events, sporting games, etc. The problem is, I often buy/get tickets and then have to figure out who to have come with me.

Last week, I had a work concert event and was given two VIP tickets for me and a guest. I remember thinking how happy I was to be single and how I could invite one of my girlfriends, where as I knew if I was dating someone, I would have some sort of obligation to invite them. A good friend of mine attended the event with me and we had a blast.

Today, I am not feeling that excited about being single. I have two sets of US Open tickets and since I've been so busy, I didn't lock in people to go with me and now I am scrambling at the last minute to find someone available who wants to go. I'm sort of wishing I still had a boyfriend who not only would want to go and spend time with me but who would also be available to do so.

I have two months to find someone to go with me to the Jets/Bills football game...I better start looking ASAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home