Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Be forewarned...

http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/power_girls/series.jhtml

I feel like most people don't really understand what I do as a pubilc relations professional, and I am not about to blog about how I spend my days and what PR is. I will admit all types of PR have their differences. Working in-house at a company is different that working at an agency which is different for health care clients or non-profit clients. However, I'm letting you all know upfront that the new MTV reality show "PoweR Girls" will not accurately represent what it's like to work in my world of public relations or what skills you need to succeed. Entertainment PR is a very different world, trust me, I know from my experience at the celebrity PR firm. I also know if one more person makes reference to Lizzie Grubman's Hamptons SUV accident when I tell them I work in PR, I will scream. So I'm putting it out there now for everyone-- please don't think this is what I do or how I act in the corporate world.

I wonder who wrote these girls' bios on the MTV website. Scary...

I'll have to blog again after next week's debut episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home