Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Did you say this?

I was going through some old email saved in my inbox and I came across an email I sent myself on December 28, 2003 with the advice below. It's funny how 15 months later the same advice could be just as relevant. I obviously felt compelled enough to save this, but can not for the life of me remember which one of my fabulous friends said this to me. If it was you, please let me know so I can thank you again for understanding me better than I understand myself.



"we can't control the universe and we bend it to our will a lot of times, but it will only go so far. we set these expectations for people of what we want or wish them to be or how to act. we try to bend them to fit us. sometimes we can succeed and do that and force the piece in. it'll stay for awhile until something gives and it just breaks off. in the event of that, sometimes time can heal the wounds enough for the piece to come back again and fit better or perfectly...other times it comes back and won't fit at all and just becomes a nuisance."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home