Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Observations from the Couch

No, not a therapist's couch...my living room couch. I made a very difficult decision today-- I took a sick day. For the third consecutive day, I woke up feeling all stuffy, sniffly and crappy. I couldn't call out the first day as my AAE was still on vacation. I pushed myself yesterday so I could conduct an interview (which subsequently was postponed until today) and meet some deadlines. But today, I just couldn't go in. Instead of getting better, I think I am getting worse. And most of all, I don't want to spend my bday, or bday weekend, sick in bed. So I have one day to get better. A day fulled with meeting deadlines, checking email and working hard, except I am in my PJ's on my couch instead of in the office having to hold my head up and annoy my coworkers with my constant sneezing.

Here are my observations:
  • When I retire, I am going to watch all the morning shows every single day.
  • I could really use Tivo, because I am missing a great deal of fabulous morning shows while I am at work.
  • John Stamos: Some things do get better with age :-)
  • I miss tap dancing (maybe Tony Danza will let me perform on his show)
  • Anna Kournikova don't quit your day job. I don't think you did a very good job as a View co-host.
  • They could put a lot better things on TV than soap operas.
  • Working while lying down in yur PJ's is much better than sitting at your desk all day.
  • Nothing beets a noon shower.
  • I would go shopping a lot more if I got to watch morning television (did anyone see the fabulous black and white skirt on The View this morning??? i have to have it!!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home