Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

What gets you to the gym?

Throughout the last month I have been regularly going to the gym, mainly to take classes. I'm a big fan of PowerDance, Ab class and Total Body Conditioning. But, the Power Dance class is by far the best. Not only do I go to burn calories and learn new moves for when I go out on Saturday nights, but I go for the eye candy.

No, I haven't suddenly switched teams. I'm talking about the guys. Yes, a few guys actually take these classes. I <3 guys who dance. I always have. I'm addicted to N'Sync videos and award show performances. I love to watch men who can dance, and even those who can't but give it a great try.

I can't take my eyes off these guys. Many of them obviously dance for a living or have formal dance training. Their bodies move all the right ways-- their hips and hands and feet are always in the right position. They combine moves and strength like no other. Guys look differently than girls when they dance. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all dancers-- JLo, Gwen, Madonna, the NYC Ballet, etc. But male dancers are my sweet spot. Clearly, these guys in the classes wouldn't notice me ever. They probably have their eyes set on each other. However, there is this one guy who clearly plays for the straight team, if you know what I mean. How do I know this? He can't dance for shit. He tries real hard, and memorizes all the moves. He doesn't look like a complete idiot...but his head is always down watching the feet of the person in front of him and he doesn't move with the same grace as the other guys. Still, can't take my eyes off this complete cutie. A total Paul Rudd look alike. And the fact that he's taking Power Dance (combination of hiphop and jazz) makes him all the more attractive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home