Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Lots Of Random Thinking

JLo

So I went out and bought the new JLo CD because the guy who teaches the dance class I take at the gym always plays her new song and I couldn't get it out of her head. Yes, I bought an entire CD for one song. There are some other good songs on the CD and even if the songs aren't good, they have a great beat and easily get stuck in your head. For instance, there is this song that I can't get out of my head and it has the worst lyrics ever.

I can be your cherry pie
And you can be my cream on top

Not exactly what a female should be singing as she walks down the streets of Manhattan. Who writes these lyrics anyway. I'm a little surprised a song comparing yourself to cherry pie actually made it to the final cut.

Taxi Drivers

I'll be the first to admit I take a lot of cabs. Although I have completely cut down my cab use, I still indulge every now and then. And I am always a good tipper because, all in all, they are doing me a great service-- getting me where I need to go and quickly. Well, most of the time quickly. But can I vent about my number 1 Taxi pet peeve? No, it's not bad smelling cabs, non-English speaking drivers or drivers always talking on their cells (you know when you have no idea whether they are on the phone or talking to you). My number 1 taxi pet peeve is drivers who refuse to take you where you want to go, or even worse bitch at you about how you'd get there quicker if you walked. If I am willing to pay you to sit in traffic, shut up and deal with it. Don't yell at me that I am choosing the wrong time to leave, the wrong place to go or tell me I should get out and walk. I've obviously made a conscious decision to take a cab and you should be fine with it.

On St Patty's Day morning, I was running late and needed to meet a client at work. So I hailed a cab and there was a tremendous amount of traffic going across town. And my cabbie took my extended time in the car to tell me what a bad traffic day it was and how I should walk. After the fourth time of him telling me to walk, I finally yelled-- "Yeah, I know. But I have a broken toe, so it's not really an option." That shut him up. For about 5 seconds.


For all you cabbies out there, if you don't like traffic- please get a new job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home