Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Falling Down Sucks

Since I've posted many of my klutzy encounters on my blog, here's another one for the books. Skinning your knee is like the worst in the world. As an adult, you forget what it's like to have scabby knees. I'm here to remind everyone it totally bites.

On Saturday as I was leaving my apartment and getting ready for my 4th of July trip I completely wiped out on the curb outside my apartment. Now it wasn't totally my fault. The city of New York is accountable for some of the fault. The sidewalk/curb is totally busted and I guess I never noticed it before. But as I was going to hail a cab with Erin I totally wound up face down, ass up on the asphalt between two parked cars with all my bags crashing to the ground next to me. It was embarrassing too. The couple behind me were like "damn, are you okay?". And all I had to show for myself was a bloody two-cut knee. (And maybe a few dents my arms put in the cars I came crashing down near, lol).

I still managed to enjoy the sun and sand this weekend, but steps are still difficult. Last time I checked, a scabbed knee wasn't the accessory I was looking to add to my hottie dress for the wedding I am going to this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home