Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Feeling Old

It's been a long week, with little sleep. In addition to feeling old physically, I want to know when I become old mentally. My thinking has become old. I think about the future all the time. I think about sad things like the family members I love who are getting old. I think about the importance of spending as much time with my loved ones as possible and creating memories that will last forever, etc. I even spent a day with my mom in her first grade classroom recently so we could bond....luckily enough I haven't become too old-- even being around children all day hasn't sparked my maternal instinct. I am still as anti-kid as possible.

But as "old" as I am feeling, there are some things that will never change. There will always be the same things that exist when you're younger. There will always be happiness, tears, crushes, fears and drama. I thought I outgrew drama as we know it, but I haven't.

This week has been an emotional one. I conteplated quitting my job, moving out of the state, giving up all my ambitions, canceling my one big vacation, etc.

But as one of my good friends always says "You can't run away forever, but there's nothing wrong with getting a head start"

I think I need to run away for a bit....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home