Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

So You Think You Can Dance

I often say that I haven't watched tv since high school. And while for the most part that is true, it's not entirely. When I went to college, computers took over all my tv time. I didn't want to be in the living room watching TV, I wanted to be at my desk interacting with friends and using the Internet. So I pretty much gave up TV.

Now with Tivo/DVR, I can actually get into new shows. I have to admit my record list is probably equally as offensive as Cher...but my new obsession is "So You Think You Can Dance" on Fox. I never watched American Idol-- yup, that's right, not even once. And I am not a person who feels the need to vote for every reality show. But this show is by far my favorite. I love how it is on twice a week and I love that I can tape it and watch it (re-watch it) whenever I want.

The most exciting thing about this new obsession is Fox is marketing the success of this show similar to the way they have promoted Idol. They are taking the contestants on tour so people can see the performers dance live. I just checked out the schedule, and lucky for me there is a NYC show in October. I am sooooo there! Now I just have to be patient until the tickets go on sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home