Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Softball Diamonds

haha, the title of this post cracks me up. It's very clever if I do say so myself. Because this post is about softball and diamonds (the shiny, expensive ones).

I currently play on two softball teams and I am noticing that female players play with their engagement rings on. I can spot diamonds from a mile away and I truly can not fathom that people (as in more than one) would take a chance with such an expensive and sentimental piece of jewelry.

I am all about the symbolism of rings and personally plan to have more than one wedding ring. I will be one of those women that always has a wedding band on. I'll have the expensive fancy one for special occassions and the plain one that I can wear at the gym, playing softball, at the beach, etc. But an engagement ring??? I won't be stuffing my shimmering finger into a baseball glove ever, that's for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home