Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Tuesday Night

Ahhhhhh, where to begin.So on Tuesday I had the opportunity to not only see the Bob Guiney Band perform live, but I had the opportunity to meet Bob himself and the rest of the band. The venue was absolutely amazing. Prohibition, on the UWS. Totally small and intimate. Perfect for an acoustic performance.

Ironically enough, before the show started the girls and I were discussing wussy handshakes. You know, you meet someone and you shake their hand and there's nothing to it. Well, Bob has a very nice handshake. Not only did I get to hear the band perform live, I got the chance to briefly tell Bob how much I love his book.

After the show I was able to get my picture taken with Bob (his head got cut off a little, but it's cute nonetheless :-) I want to post them, but I don't know how yet. I'll have to work on that...During the show, I was my klutzy self and almost knocked the guitarist's microphone off the stage (that's how close we were sitting!). Which led to many apologies and good conversation with the guitarist, Andy. He and I took a picture too.

Words can't even describe the fun the girls and I had. Once I figure out how to post pictures, it will be better. Just trust me that it was a super fabulous night. And I can't wait for the band to come back again.

Thanks Sardis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home