Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Boxers or Briefs?

It's a game, silly. No, not that type of game. It's an actual board game. Errr, it doesn't have a board...but you would find it in the board game aisle.

A few weeks ago on vacation for my friend's bachelorette party, she exclaims that she wants to stay in and play board games. (Clearly this is a friend from high school, lol.) So we head over to Walmart and I see a box on the shelf for a game called Boxers of Briefs. I don't even think I really read the back of the box. It was under $15 so I threw it in the cart as my contribution to game night.

Probably the best $15 I spent on that trip. Even better than the dirty banana drinks at the bar. Talk about a fun game! It's sort of hard to explain, but essentially every player has a bunch of cards that have numerous color coded phrases on them. For instance, the red line phrase might begin with "I like.." or the blue line phrase starts with "I want..."

When it's your turn, you roll the dice to determine what "I phrase" your fellow game players should be looking at. Each player chooses the card they have with the phrase that is most true or most funny. Then you review and read aloud all the phrases that were selected for you and award a point for the one that is most true for you and the one that is most funny for you.

I played it again this weekend and it was totally fun. Had to throw this reco out there for anyone who is interested in picking up a good game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home