Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Boys will be boys...

So I've finally finished going through the 500+ work emails I received while on vacation and now have a spare minute to post about something that happened while we were away.

My friend and I were out partying one evening when we were ambushed by a group of guys. There happened to be nine of them, all together for a bachelor party. They were from LI so we automatically had something in common. They were ordering drinks at the bar and immediately started talking to us. This one guy starts talking to me and flirting and telling me how beautiful I am ("you have lips people pay for") while he's giving me a mini massage (clearly he's been out long enough to put a few back...).

As he is sweeping me off my feet with his flirtacious ways, I begin to think...wow, I haven't met a guy like this in ages. A guy where you seem to have that immediate attraction, a spark so to speak. And maybe, just maybe, he started making out with me. He turns to his friend to say something and I turn to my friend and casually ask, "so who is the bachelor?" My friend smirks and points to the aforementioned guy who was showering me with attention.

At this point I nearly fell off my bar stool. For a moment I was saddened by the fact that he wasn't someone I would ever hear from again. Then I realized, why would I want to if this is how he treats his fiancee. I know I deserve better.

I guess I have met guys like him in recent times...guys who would kiss girls during their bachelor party weekend and think nothing of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home