Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Chick Lit




I've been reading a ton lately. Ever since my grad class ended, I have been reading book after book after book. The last book I read was a chick lit fiction book called "The Breakup Club" that I stole off a coworker's desk.

I had high hopes for this book, thinking it would be a good beach read. It was okay...just okay. However, there were a few quotes I really liked. (I can't help it, I am a quote person!)

  • "Sounds to me like you're hanging on out of fear of what's out there, not because you really still love this guy"

  • "Why should I ever bother liking a boy if he's just going to dump me anyway" -- said by the 12 year old in the book

  • "I know I said I wouldn't call you, but I can't go from everything to nothing...You don't even want to be friends"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home