Sam's Space

Random thoughts and experiences about navigating life in New York City.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

On The Mend

Over the course of 12 hours, I managed to hurt myself more than I have in the last 5 years! I've always been a klutz. I'm used to it. I'm used to the stories, nicknames and private jokes about all my accidents and incidents. (Dancers are always klutzy, right? At least that's what my family used to tell me to make me feel better!).

Well yesterday I cooked lunch. This is another story to support that I should not be allowed in the kitchen unless it involves baking or washing dishes. I need to leave the cooking up to someone else. I make myself some macaroni and cheese-- out of the box, nothing too difficult. Yet, after I am done with the burner, I notice some macaroni had fell out of the pot. Being the anal girl I am, I decide I need to get those stranded macaroni spirals ASAP to clean up the stove. So I pick up the metal burner, not ever considering it was probably still very hot. After holding it in my hand for about 3 seconds (which is a pretty long time when your skin is burning) I dropped it and started to scream. After an hour or so of ice and some neosporin and a bandaid, my three burnt fingertips started to feel a little better.

Then last night I went into the kitchen to grab some beer before heading to a friends house and I stubbed my pinky toe against the leg of a chair. When I say stubbed, I really mean hit really hard and bent the toe in a way it wasn't meant to go. A few more screams of pain later, my toe really hurt. Nothing you can do for a broken toe so I throw on my comfy sneakers and visit my friend. Only to awake this morning with a very swollen, very purple and very hurt pinky toe.

I think I'll be spending the rest of the weekend in a bubble!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home